Lodge of Hengist No.195

Lodge of Hengist No.195

Consecrated : 23 November 1770

Meetings : 1st Thu every month

at Freemasons’ Hall, Bournemouth

June 2016

At the meeting of The Lodge of Hengist No 195 held on 2nd June 2016 a very interesting, informative illustrated lecture with audience participation entitled “From the Tabernacle to the Temple” was presented by the Provincial Orator W.Bro Tony Ayers PAGSupt.Wks. who kept the brethren fully engaged while he demonstrated, with several of his own props, the many building methods used in the construction of the worlds ancient buildings of great architectural importance. He demonstrated the basic construction of a Tabernacle, a simple arch with its Keystone to the more complexities of how the domes and arches were built at many of the worlds greatest Cathedrals.

Hengist No 195

The picture is of W.Bro Huw Evans Prov.Dep.G.Reg (Secretary) W.Bro Tony Ayers PAGSupt.Wks. Prov.G.Orator and W.Bro Geoff Tuck PSGD APGM.

W.Bro Geoff Tuck APGM attended the meeting of The Lodge of Hengist No195 on Thursday 2nd June 2016 on behalf of the Provincial Grand Master in order to present a Certificate and Badge to W.Bro Don Knott PPJGW to commemorate his 60 Years in Freemasonry. He will also be celebrating his 90th Birthday on the 6th June. W.Bro Huw Evans Prov.Dep.G.Reg. wished W.Bro Don good wishes for his birthday and then gave an address to the brethren outlining his Masonic Journey and achievements over the past 60 years. The Worshipful Master W.Bro Russell Bowyer presented an engraved Decanter on behalf of the Brethren of the Lodge.

Hengist No195